What will you learn?
The course is based on content from the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB). The course includes quiz questions and practical exercises with room for discussions and clarifying questions.
The course will give you a basic introduction to the four pillars of usability: Analysis, user requirements, design and evaluation, specifically:
- Basic terms and concepts within usability and user experience
- The human-centred design process
- Understanding and specifying the context of use: Observation, interview, personas, scenarios, user profiles and user models
- Determining user needs
- Writing precise qualitative and quantitative requirements for usability
- Creating a user-centered design: Low- and high-fidelity prototypes, dialogue principles, heuristics, guidelines and good error messages
- Usability test and other evaluation methods
- Process management and application of methods
- Process model for user-centered design
After obtaining the CPUX-F certificate, you can take advanced courses like User Requirements Engineering (CPUX-UR), Design Solutions (CPUX-DS) and Usability Testing (CPUX-UT). The first is available at Trustworks.
Course modules and prices:
The course consists of three modules:
- Module 1: UX-course: a two-day course – 6.000 DKK.
- Module 2: Crash-course: a fast paced, half-day survey of the key concepts in the curriculum and a rehearsal of the certification exam. – 2.500 DKK.
- Module 3: The certification exam, 40 multiple-choice questions in 90 minutes (see an example here) – 2.500 DKK
All prices are listed excl. tax (VAT) and you can pick and choose between the modules as you see fit. For example, you can choose:
- All modules
- Module 2 + 3 – if you are already familiar with UX concepts
- Only the certification exam (module 3), if you choose to prepare by yourself. You will find the curriculum here.
Get a quantity discount
If you register two or more participants from your company or organization, you will get a 20 % discount. Remember to register the names of the participants from the same company in the comment section when you sign up or in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days before the course. If we do not receive the correct documentation, we will charge the full price.
October 4, 10-18: UX Course – Part 1
October 5, 9-17: UX Course – Part 2
October 6, 9-12.45: Crash course
October 6, 13.30-15.00: Certification exam. Alternatively, you can take the certification exam remotely at any time after the course.
Why get a UX certification?
The CPUX-F-certification is ideal if you already work with UX or want to work professionally with UX and therefore want to get familiar with the methods that UX-experts use today.
- You ensure that your knowledge of usability and user experience is completely up to date
- You prove that you are actively maintaining and enhancing your professional knowledge
- You gain knowledge of and competence within the recognized conventions within the area of UX
- You receive a recognized certificate of your knowledge of usability and user experience
The CPUX-F certification is not only relevant for people working directly with usability and user experience, but also for people working with UX-experts who want to understand the UX world (e.g. developers, designers and product owners).
The certification exam
To obtain the CPUX-F certificate, you must pass a certification exam. The exam takes 90 minutes and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. You must score at least 28 out of 40 points to pass the exam. Advice A / S cannot guarantee that you pass the exam, but the pass rate is around 80%.
You can find an example of a complete certification exam here.
The teacher is Rolf Molich, who is a pioneer in usability. He has worked with usability since 1984. Together with Jakob Nielsen he has developed the method for heuristic evaluation. Rolf has been involved in developing the certification program and the preparation of the curriculum. In 2013, he was named “Teacher of the Year” by his students at the Department for Computer Science, University of Copenhagen.
The course is held in English. Curriculum, slides, exercises and certification tests are in English. However, if all participants attending the course are Danish speaking, the spoken language will be Danish. Du finder den danske kursusbeskrivelse her.
You can cancel your registration free of charge up to three weeks before the start of the course. After this, there will be no refund of the course fee, but you can always transfer your registration to a colleague. We reserve the right to cancel the course if fewer than six people have registered.
We provide full board during the course. This consists of a light breakfast, lunch as well as snacks during the day. If you are a vegetarian or allergic to certain foods, let us know when you register or no later than two weeks before the start of the course.
What are UXQB and CPUX?
The International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB) is a consortium of internationally recognized experts in usability and user experience. UXQB’s goal is to develop, maintain and manage the certification program CPUX – Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience. CPUX is an international standard for qualifying individuals who work professionally with UX.
Read more about UX certification and find curricula and examples of exam questions here.
Do you have questions?
If you have any questions regarding this course, you are very welcome to contact us. All inquiries should be directed to the course coordinator Edith Marie Nielsen.